2003 Feb 28 14:02

Re: [vox] vox-jobs list?

harry,

first, let me begin by asking you to never, ever modify someone's quote.
that's why it's called a quote.  it's extremely rude.  i'm having a hard
time believing you'd do such a thing.  you should know better.

begin Harry S <gnulinux@rosecomputing.com>
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 01:01:29PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >
> > people who said vox is good for jobs:
> >
> > pete, marianne
> >

> > people who want vox-jobs:
> >
> > bill, rod, harry
>
> As I see it, if vox-jobs doesn't work out then it's a simple matter of
> ending the list.

doesn't work that way.  nobody's going to say "ok, this list isn't
working out.  let's end it.  that's unrealistic.

> If posting all sorts of jobs to vox doesn't work out, then people will
> get annoyed, some might unsubscribe due to too much traffic, etc.

true.  but we haven't had any problems.  beyond the first 1st week
traffic than the current amount?   beyond the first week, i sure don't.

the other thing is if we do shave off "jobs" from vox, someone is going
to have to make sure discussion remains on-topic.

pete