2003 Feb 28 13:32

Re: [vox] vox-jobs list?

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 01:01:29PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> before starting a new mailing list, we'd need to hammer out a few
> details.  i'm not sure i'd want to administrate a mailing list that can
> potentially draw huge numbers of even well-meaning spam from companies.
> if we had such a list, i'd like for the list to be postable by
> non-subscribers.  approving X non-subscriber posts a day for large X and
> a single list would be a big bummer.

Can't the list be set up to auto-delete non-subscriber posts?
(Rather than sending them to admin for approval/rejection?)

<snip>
> also, would we allow non-linux, non-OSS jobs?   that would not fall
> under lugod's official charter.

"Linux" covers a lot of things, I think.  But yeah, definitely no
"WinNT admin" posts.  That's why there are other user groups out there ;^)

bill@newbreedsoftware.com                    Was I useful?  Rate this message!
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill  http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=billkendrick