2003 Feb 28 13:15

Re: [vox] vox-jobs list?

begin Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 12:24:17PM -0800, Rod Roark wrote:
>
> So far, it seems about 50-50.  (Ok, technically, I'm not counting, but I've
> definitely seen both positive and negative responses regarding this.
> Then again, for those who don't want a new list, it's not as if they're
> forced to sign up. ;^) )

people who said vox is good for jobs:

pete, marianne

people who want vox-jobs:

bill, rod

before starting a new mailing list, we'd need to hammer out a few
details.  i'm not sure i'd want to administrate a mailing list that can
potentially draw huge numbers of even well-meaning spam from companies.
if we had such a list, i'd like for the list to be postable by
non-subscribers.  approving X non-subscriber posts a day for large X and
a single list would be a big bummer.

the upshot is that anyone who has spammed vox, vox-tech, vox-announce,
vox-outreach, vox-officers or me personally (this is why you always see
me logged into lugod.org 24 hours a day) is in the postfix spamming
list, so they won't be able to spam vox-jobs.

also, would we allow non-linux, non-OSS jobs?   that would not fall
under lugod's official charter.

just some things to think about.

pete