2003 Feb 21 02:16

Re: [vox] [OT] How/where to dispose of power supply

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 10:02:50PM -0800, Harry S wrote:

> Here are some options in Sacramento:
> http://www.sacgreenteam.com/ewaste.htm

Thanks! :^)

> My wife was checking out this site earlier today. She is conspiring to
> throw out my Commodore 64, and some old 386/486 computers. Doesn't she
> realize the C-64 classifies as an antique or classic?

Yikes!!!  Now, I'm not a big C=64 fan (I *heart* the Atari 8-bit best),
but seriously!  Yikes! :^)

You know, there's a project called "64HDD" which would let you use your
PC as a disk drive for your C=64.  (I use a similar cable & software on
my PC for the Atari, called SIO2PC.  There's a kernel module and some utils
for Linux for it, even! :^) )

  http://www.64hdd.com/index_en.html

--
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                    Was I useful?  Rate this message!