2003 Feb 20 17:39

Re: [vox] Crepe Bistro RE: Would you like WiFi with that Crepe?

Re: [vox] Crepe Bistro RE: Would you like WiFi with that Crepe?

begin Nicole the Wonder Nerd <ana.ng@tmbg.org>
> Up spake Bill Kendrick on Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 05:06:34PM -0800:
> > If I telecommuted for a job (oh, I miss that!), I'd probably do it.
> > Of course, I'd probably be in Davis, which means I'd probably just go
> > to Mishka's, which isn't a large corporation, and has FREE wireless :^)
>
> Roma's on E Street has free wireless, too.  And it's right by the Crepe
> Bistro, which people know how to find.  And they're open late.  And even
> if they don't serve substantial food (mostly coho fare like pastries and
> sandwiches,

unfortunately by 9pm, if they have any pastries, they're really nasty.
i once had a cheese danish from there where the cheese broke 3 plastic
knives.

> IIRC) they're next to Chipotle,

where you can either order a pork burrito, beef burrito, chicken burrito
or bean burrito.

with a side of chips.    ;)   don't get me wrong.  good food.  but we do
meet twice a month.  might get a little monotonous.   also, i know of at
least one VIP who doesn't like mexican food.

> which does. [1]  And they serve
> coffee.  AND they have a large back room out of the way of the studying
> people.
>
> Hmm...
>
> --nicole twn
> who is ill-qualified to comment on post-meeting venues, but feels
> compelled to put in two cents anyway
>
> [1] But I don't know how late they're open.

probably not THAT late...

i'm sending a letter to crepe bistro to see if we can work something
out.  if not, dave's idea sounded the best so far.  i checked and
crepeville is open till 11pm and has no forced gratuities.

IHOP sounds intriguing, but i don't know when they're coming.

pete