2003 Feb 17 23:15

Re: [vox] [OT] telemarketing calls

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 02:03:38PM -0800, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> My boss installed one of those phone boxes that tells the automated
> systems your line has been disconnected, and swears by it.

Or, you can call up a disconnected number, record the three tones and stick
that tone sequence at the beginning of your outgoing answering machine
message.  You should be able to simulate the noise fairly easily with your
sound card, though I don't know which of the variations would be correct.

http://www.telephonetribute.com/tribute/signal_and_circuit_conditions.htm
has a bit more info and some recordings of that (and other) tone sequence.
--
Eric Eisenhart <*@eric.eisenhart.name>
http://eric.eisenhart.name/