2003 Feb 17 13:35

Re: [vox] [OT] telemarketing calls

ok, everyone has convinced me --- i'm putting privacy manager back on my
line.

i was getting *less* than 1 junk call per month with the privacy
manager.  and when i did get one, i necessarily knew their phone number.
it was empowering.

i seem to averaging 4 a day.   maybe joel is right -- sbc sells your
phone number if you get rid of privacy manager.   :)

3 bucks per month is worth not getting these calls.  i'd gladly pay it.

pete

begin Joel Baumert <kender@geeksource.net>