2003 Feb 17 14:16

Re: [vox] [OT] telemarketing calls

Arrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!! I hate these the most especially when they
call at 8:45pm after Isaac is sleeping.  The most recent one
required that you listen to a 10 minute spiel and call another
number and listen to a 5 minute spiel before you could leave
a message for someone to call back.  I asked to be placed on their
do not call list and the person on the other end seemed shocked
that I would want that.

I think that along with the national do not call list there should
be a rule about these automated message... Something like if the
callee presses # then you are automatically placed on their no
call list.

F*cking bastards... Nothing makes me more mad than dead air or
a recorded marketing message.  I wouldn't care as much if I
didn't run to the phone so Isaac wouldn't wake up.  I'm getting
to the point where I want to put a block on my phone for anyone
who does not have a caller id number.

Joel