2003 Feb 13 11:40

Re: [vox] Re: [lugod lert] linux demo cd

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 06:41:20AM -0800, Henry House wrote:

> Great! There are many Linux distributions. The best for Demo purposes is
> probably DemoLinux.

Actually, from what I hear, Knoppix is quite a bit better.  I'm not sure
how actively DemoLinux is being developed these days, but Knoppix is
definitely being worked on quite a bit, and has become very popular.

  http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

<snip>
> By the way, lert@lugod.org is not a good place to send Linux questions. I
> encourage you to sign up for one of our mailing lists:

Indeed!  LERT is for emergencies only.  (Things you can't wait for
Installfests for help with, in other words.)

--
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                    Was I useful?  Rate this message!
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill  http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=billkendrick