2003 Feb 12 17:16

[vox] X-No-Archive change in behavior

Dear Everyone,

I've changed the behavior of the user defined X-No-Archive header.  If
you're posting something that's:

   * time sensitive ("1st person who responds gets my monitor")
   * possibly embarrasing ("Avril Lavigne is a serious musician")
   * a test post ("testing one two three")

please, please use the X-No-Archive header.  Simply use this user
defined header to prevent your message from being placed in the mailing
list archives:

However, if you use:

or simply omit "X-No-Archive", your email will be stored in the mailing
list archive.

For mutt users who want to use X-No-Archive, use "E" to edit your
headers.  If people can chime in on how to edit headers with other
mailers, I'll add that info into the LUGOD FAQ.

Thanks!
Pete

ps- The old behavior was that *any* mention of X-No-Archive, even
    this makes more sense, and as I understand it, easier for kmail
    users (I've never used kmail).

pps- Never send test messages to vox-tech.  Use vox instead.  Also, use
     [OT] in the subject and X-No-Archive in the header.  Thx!