2003 Feb 11 02:21

Re: [vox] ucd virus question

Anti-Virus mail filtering software is often configured to do this as
default behavior. If the vendor were to offer a special rule to
aauto-trash infected email, other non-klez migh be subject to this rule
too.
Variations of klez possibly matching klez fingerpring could be trashed. To
offer rules to the mail admin on default behavior on a per virus setting,
may lead to issues later.

Some attachments may be "clean-able" while others provide useless
unrelated info.

I would rather be given the choice to delete all filtered messages than
not see them.

Of course, I would rather filter my own messages as I wish.

-ME