2003 Feb 11 08:52

Re: [vox] ucd virus question

begin Mark K. Kim <markslist@cbreak.org>
> It sounds like:
>
>    1. a virus was sent out
>    2. some virus checker caught the virus
>    3. they *deleted* the virus
>    4. they delivered the email to you less the virus

yeah, that's what i meant to write (but obviously didn't).

> It sounds like a reasonable action.  I wouldn't want them blocking
> any e-mail that is potentially legit, but wouldn't want virus traveling to
> my system, no matter what virus or how it may or may not have been sent...

i guess we differ -- it's my understanding that the klez virus sends
itself out.   for that reason alone, i wouldn't want it.

but to be honest, i wouldn't want _any_ email that had a virus attached
to it.  not because i use windows (i don't).  i just don't even want to
see it.  i've *never* received a legit email that had a virus scrubbed
from it, and i'm doubtful i ever will.

i wish they let us choose "action to take upon catching a email with
virus" in sisweb....   :(

pete