2003 Feb 07 14:02

Re: [vox] This is probably a dumb question (DocBook and MS-Wordstuff)

Re: [vox] This is probably a dumb question (DocBook and MS-Wordstuff)

Actually, let me back up (I've found that too often the solution people
are looking for are not the best solution to the problem they're trying
to solve).

I'm in the MLIS program at San Jose State University, and just about
every professor wants papers and assignments turned in using MS-Word
format.  Sure, I could pull this off in OpenOffice.org, but since I've
always wanted to learn DocBook, I couldn't help wondering if there might
be a more interesting approach.  What specifically interests me is using
DocBook to render bibliographic references in standard APA format... and
then making that same standard format happen in MS-Word without having
to re-do things in Word itself...