2003 Feb 07 14:02

[vox] another crummy EULA

I was checking the verizon EULA for people who plan to put up web pages.
One of the things they stiplated was:

"VerizonOnline may run advertisements and promotions on its users' Web
sites. By creating your Web site, you agree that VerizonOnline has the
right, at its sole discretion, to run such advertisements and promotions
and that you shall not alter or delete any portion thereof. These
advertisements and promotions may include, but shall not be limited to,
banners, advertisements and pop-up texts.
VerizonOnline reserves the right to change, alter, modify, delete sections
or take any other action necessary in order to place advertisements on
users' Web sites.   The manner, mode and extent of advertising by
VerizonOnline on your Web sites is subject to change, in Verizon's sole
discretion. "

They go on to demand their cut from running such adverts.  Beyond putting
a disclaimer urging readers of any page I create to ignore and boycott the
ads and their clients, I don't have much choice. I'm in the boonies.

-Lorie

--
Lorie Obal
lobal@cds1.net

-----------Begin Geek Code Block--------------------
GMU/GB d? s: !a C LU+ P+ L++ E--- W++N++!o K- w ! M- V PS+ PE Y+ PGP++ t+
5++X+R*tvb+++DI--!D G e++/e++h++ !r z?

http://www.geekcode.com/geek.html