January 6: Social gathering
2003 Feb 07 04:38

[vox] So, who wants to present? :^)

Would anyone be interested in doing a presentation at the next LUGOD
meeting?  (Monday, February 17th)

There's a lot of stuff listed on LUGOD's "To Be Scheduled" page.
( http://www.lugod.org/meeting/tba/ )

Google, TiVo, Sharp, TrollTech and VMWare are proving hard to pin down.
The fellow from the Mozilla project might be coming in March.
Robin Gross no longer works at the EFF (she's started her own company),
so I need to track down someone else to come (maybe Seth Schoen?)

As for talks that LUGOD members have offered to give, I've got:

  * Evolution (Richard Crawford)

  * Hands-on PC Building Demo (Doug Barbieri) [*]

  * IBM <-> Linux (Donald Dunn)

  * SGML, TeX (Henry House)

  * DOS Under Linux (Mark Kim) [+]

  * POSIX (Mark Kim) [+]

  * Physical Security (Rusty Minden)

  * XF86 Custom-Made Video Timings (Pete Salzman) [#]

  * Writing Device Drivers (Pete Salzman) [#]

  * Power Management (Mike Simons) [0]

  * mmap IPC (Mike Simons)

  * Debian Packaging System Tricks (Mike Simons)

  * netselect[-apt] (Mike Simons)

  * Local Debian Mirroring (Mike Simons)

  * Fun with poll() (Mike Simons)

  * PIC Microcontroller Dev using Linux (Steve Wormley) [@]

Whew!  So...  any of you listed above feel like taking a shot at the next
meeting?  Or would anyone else like to step forward?  At the moment, we
have the entire year ahead of us free, except for 3 meetings (two confirmed,
one waiting to get back to me).

Let's schedule!!!

bill@newbreedsoftware.com                    Was I useful?  Rate this message!
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill  http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=billkendrick

[*] Is there still interest in this?  Maybe it could be a LUGOD-sponsored
    workshop or presentation done with DCN or something...  And not
    particularly Linux-related, but done by us cuz we're such a cool group ;^)

[+] Whenever you're back on this continent

[#] It'd have to be a Monday, right?

[0] We should do this before the rolling blackouts come back :^)

[@] Have you finished this project, yet?