2003 Feb 03 15:20

[vox] Linux is not copyrighted?

"The geek behind the penguin", an article over at The Syndey Morning Hearald
( http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/01/28/1043534039219.html ) says:

  "Rather than copyrighting the Linux code, Torvalds published it on the
  Internet and invited others to offer improvements."

Uhh...  That's an interesting conclusion. :^)  Perhaps that's not what they
meant to say...?  It continues, however:

  "Linux has continued as it began - a free program - and is available to
  users without charge on the condition that any improvements are also
  uncopyrighted."

Yep.  I guess they don't understand the concept of Free Software. :^/

(Just griping before he goes to bed...)