2003 Feb 02 14:36

Re: [vox] Censorship => signoff

Well, I don't know whether Karsten is still on the list or not so
I'll CC him also.

I know both Karsten and Peter are strong willed so I can see how there can
be conflict here, and though I haven't been keeping up with how this event
came about, I hope both of you can see past any minor differences.

Having said that, Peter has time and time again pointed out he'll be happy
to let someone else take over the list admin job.  This is a difficult and
dirty job that requires a lot of filtering spams among other things.  If
Karsten or anyone is dissatisfied with the list admin's performance,
please feel free to request to take over the list rather than ask for a
resignation.

And as a moderator, we'd expect him or her to enforce the rules we've
setup for the lists.  The rules do exist on the lists because *we* wanted
them, and though we can certainly change them, that requires a general
consensus rather than a belief of any single individual.  And though the
list is not democratic, it *is* republic, since we have a chosen moderator
(by default, however it was) that enforces the rules that we have setup.
I think Peter has done a good if not an excellent job of this, and though
he has been more aggressive than I would have liked him to be sometimes, I
can't say if I wouldn't be the same way had I been the moderator with
hours of work filtering spams and watching the same issues occur over and
over.

So though Karsten may have problems, I hope he can understand Peter and
work with him and the rest of the group to make this list better, rather
than simply abandoning the group.  I do enjoy the amount of knowledge he
brings to the group and I hope he stays.

-Mark~

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/