2003 Jan 28 16:35

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-tech] Sig line [ newbie annoyed with tin ]

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 02:35:05PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> micah,
>
> yes, you absolutely run the risk of losing the original readers of the
> message.  however, this is a DESIRABLE state of affairs.
>
> everyone is happy:
>
> 1. people hate non-tech banter don't get the thread once it becomes
>    non-technical.
>
> 2. people who love non-tech banter still get the thread because they
>    subbed to vox as well as vox-tech.

What about:

  3. people who started the thread in addressing the format of a
     particular message whose author may not be reading vox, and thus
     are wondering if continuing the thread on the wrong newsgroup
     may be entirely pointless.

?

I understand that the subjects of message-quoting and the format of a
sigline are appropriate for vox, but there are other aspects to
consider. The fact that the thread was rooted in vox-tech context. But
if you still disagree, I won't argue the point.

-Micah