2003 Jan 28 15:15

Re: [vox] [fwd] Time servers (ntp) wanted

Re: [vox] [fwd] Time servers (ntp) wanted

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 02:51:00AM -0800, Ryan Castellucci wrote:
<snip>

> This isn't a good idea unless the servers are in the same geographical area.
> Generaly it is advised to use an NTP server near to you (to minimize
> latency).

Well, as he pointed out, most people don't care about a few 100ms latency.

My clock had drifted by a few MINUTES by the time I ran ntpdate again,
so in comparison, any little bit of latency [*] wouldn't have bothered me.

-bill!
[*] not counting internet brokenness thanks to Microsoft and Slammer :)