January 6: Social gathering
2003 Jan 28 01:33

[vox] [OT] Looking for cell phone suggestions

[vox] [OT] Looking for cell phone suggestions

Hi all, it looks a bit slow here today, so I hope nobody
minds this off-topic query.

My old cellphone is pretty clunky by today's standards and
the paint is wearing off the buttons, so it's time for a new
one.  Only problem is, I can't find one I like.

I don't want color or games or a built-in camera.  All I
want is a reliable, sturdy phone.  A flip-thingy to protect
the buttons would be nice, and good battery life, and not
too heavy (say 5 oz. max).

I hear AT&T has the best coverage around here, so TDMA
compatibility would be best.  Sprint PCS would probably also
be OK.  Anyone tried Verizon?

All suggestions appreciated.  Thanks!

remote system administration services.