2003 Jan 26 01:59

Re: [vox] [OT] SBC to sue LUGOD?

it's too bad people can't sue for frivolous patent claims the way some
states let people sue for frivolous law suits.

i mean, like british telecom's patent on hyperlinking or that guy's
patent on "stuffed pizza crust",  nobody in their right mind would
expect this patent to hold up under the most remote scrutiny.  AFAICS,
this patent claim only serves to make lawyers richer.  it couldn't
possibly serve any other purpose.  you might as patent something like a
doormat that says "welcome".

even if some nameless suit in a high tower office honestly thought it
was a good idea, don't announcements like this have to pass a public
relations dude?  even jeff bezos could've been another tim o'reilly if
he played his cards right.  why do people have to keep shooting
themselves in the foot?

pete

ps- can you *imagine* the world we'd be living in if da vinci or galileo
could've patented their inventions?

begin Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>