2003 Jan 22 19:24

Re: [vox] [OT] radio shack

I have always wondered if they could actually bar my way
out of the store if I decided not to show them my receipt?

The transaction was carried out at the register... I gave
them money for the product which is now mine.  The receipt
is mine... I don't think that they have any right to detain
me at that point.  If they decided to hold me at that point
wouldn't it be false arrest or unlawful search and search
and seizure?

http://www.prairielaw.com/articles/article.asp?channelId=8&articleId=1329

Joel

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 03:18:29PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 03:13:00PM -0800, John McDonnell wrote:
> > heh... must remember that for Fry's
> > Anyone else walk right past their bag checkers at the exit?
>
> Yep.  Usually.
>
> -bill!
[...]