2003 Jan 25 10:54

[vox] [OT] radio shack

i think radio shack's ad campaign is hilarious.

they're touting "we no longer ask for your name and phone number" as if
this new policy is some extra added value feature that you "win" when
you to a local radio shack outlet.

when in fact, i'm wondering how much public outrage it took for them to
do away with this seriously invasive procedure.  it's almost too bad.
i used to love giving them names like "bud weiser".

favorite radio shack story:

i went into a radio shack to buy an LED for a little project i was
building.  the sales rep pointed me over to the digital watch section.
:)

pete (figured i'd talk about radio shack since we had a UPS thread)