2003 Jan 22 13:05

[vox] [fwd, FYI] REVOLUTION OS DVD info

People had been asking about when REVOLUTION OS will be available.
Here's the info. sent back from the auto-reply mailer at
http://www.revolution-os.com/

----- Forwarded message from info@revolution-os.com -----

Thank you for inquiring about REVOLUTION OS.  We are currently planning to release the VHS videotape (NTSC) and the 2-disc special edition DVD in the first quarter of 2003 through select online retailers such as Amazon.com and ThinkGeek.com.  The retail price will probably be between $24 and $28 USD plus shipping and tax.

REVOLUTION OS will be released Region-Free to ensure worldwide DVD player compatibility, and will be available through online retailers to customers outside of the U.S.A. Initially, REVOLUTION OS will only be available in English.

The 2-disc special edition DVD will include bonus features such as 70 minutes of extra interview footage with Linux Torvalds, Richard Stallman, and Brian Behlendorf, deleted scenes, a director's audio commentary, trailers, a still image gallery, and a music video for "The Free Software Song."

I will try and let you know when REVOLUTION OS becomes available.

You can check out the trailer and first 8 minutes of REVOLUTION OS on ifilm:
http://www.ifilm.com/ifilm/product/film_multimedia/0,4470,2419320,00.html

Sincerely,

J.T.S. Moore
Director, REVOLUTION OS