2003 Jan 20 23:35

Re: [vox] Re: [vox-tech] Internet monitoring (was networking)

On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 12:06:53PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> begin Joel Baumert <kender@geeksource.net>
> > On Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 07:44:10PM +0000, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > > on Mon, Jan 20, 2003 at 11:19:40AM -0800, Jim (evesautomotive@sysmatrix.net) wrote:
[...]
> > Sarah and I have talked off and on about what our Internet policy
> > will be when Isaac is older and have pretty much settled on the
> > 'net responsibility' policy.
>
> with a computer savy dad like you, i'm guessing that isaac is going to
> have your root password by the time he's 8 anyway.   ;-)
[...]

That is _definitely_ a problem.  My dad was reasonably tech savvy, but
I knew more about the OS/software side of the computer in high school.
I suspect that if Isaac shows a strong interest in computing it will
be difficult to keep up.

If I catch him rooting my box, there _will_ be consequences...

Joel