2003 Jan 18 16:10

[OT] Simpsons' Great Money Caper (Was Re: [vox] Spam from vox)

[OT] Simpsons' Great Money Caper (Was Re: [vox] Spam from vox)

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 09:13:35PM +0000, Karsten M. Self wrote:
<snip>

> At some point, the victim is asked to pay up front an Advance Fee of
> some sort.  If the victim pays the Fee, there are many "Complications"
> which require still more advance payments until the victim either quits,
> runs out of money, or both.
<snip>

Why, that's quite similar to the flim-flam on the Simpsons the other day :^)

Homer and Bart dressed up as Ed McMahon and Dick Clark and went to the
Springfield Retirement Castle to give Grandpa Simson a $100,000 check
from "that Publisher's Cleary Dealy."

He promptly faked a heart attack, and Homer and Bart said they'd have to
else from the retirement home.  "But the money transfer fees would cost
a hundred dollars a head!"

:^)