2003 Jan 18 16:07

Re: [vox] Spam from vox

hola,

just to be safe, please don't report this spam to *anybody*.

in particular, spamcop has updated their header heuristics in the past
few months and are *MUCH* better about detecting valid list traffic, but
they're still not perfect.

i've already blocked the network where the spam originated.  they can no
longer send email to lugod.org.

sorry folks, the fault was mine.  i was on autopilot and totally blew
it.  i must have approved the spam without thinking.  first time spam
reached the list in 4 years of vox traffic.   sorry!

pete

ps- karsten has an excellent piece on the nigerian scam.  you can prolly
   google for it.  actually, that's how i first came to know him.  i
   believe he wrote it before the scam became so widespread.

begin Matthew Johnson <matthew@psychohorse.com>