2003 Jan 17 12:20

Re: [vox] Two Bits of Trivia

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 08:01:54AM -0800, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> Then he told the class that one of the problems with Linux was that it was
> hard to tweak.

"Hard to tweak"?  He must have meant something by that other than how
it reads to me... one of the *hugest* reasons I love GNU/Linux and
Free Software is that it's all so *easy* to tweak. Sure, you have to
know some stuff, but what are we comparing it to, Microsoft? Even when
you "know some stuff", you still can't make it do what you want it to.

...Writing this from my XP box at work, via ssh session to a FreeBSD
box from within rxvt for Windows, running Cygwin. :-)  ...Hey, if I
have to run Windows, let me at least have a decent
shell/tools-suite... :-)

-Micah