2003 Jan 17 07:54

Re: [vox] student looking for tutor.

begin Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 04:45:00PM -0800, Jennifer Lynn Moratto wrote:
> > To whom it may concern,
> >
> >     I am a student in ecs150, ecs140a
> <snip>
>
> For those of us who didn't go to UC Davis, what are these classes?
> (i.e., what are the titles)

heh.  as a ucdavis student myself, i had no idea.  but google did!

ECS 150 OPERATING SYSTEMS AND SYSTEM PROGRAMMING(4)
ECS 140A PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES (4)

i didn't quite understand this, so i clicked on the link:

   Syntactic definition of programming languages. Introduction to
   programming language features including variables, data types, data
   abstraction, scoping, parameter disciplines, exception handling.
   Comparative study of several high-level programming languages.

btw, she isn't a vox subscriber or lugod member.

pete