2003 Jan 14 16:39

Re: [vox] [OT] This is my cat

I have a variant of "gist" on my system which I downloaded from the
Republican party's home page last September (never been able to use it,
though):

[richard@SEAMUS richard]$ man gist
GIST(8)		US Politician's Manual			GIST(8)

NAME
	gist -  convey difficult concepts in obscenely
		simplistic terms in order to confuse, obfuscate, or
		otherwise persuade gullible members of the voting
		public

SYNOPSIS
	gist [-DIALECT] [options] FILE

DESCRIPTION
	Gist reads in named input FILEs and rewords the file
	according to a specified DIALECT in such a manner as to
	render the meaning incomprehensible while still sounding
	impressive.

OPTIONS
	-e	Output the simplified text into English

	-d	Doublethink the simplified output so that it supports
		two or more contradictory viewpoints while still
		sounding comprehensible.
Error executing formatting or display command.
Integrity parameters exceeded; it is immoral to continue to display this
file.

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 15:24, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, ME wrote:
>
> > So the gist(1) of this is:
>
> Does anyone have "gist" on their system?  I don't see it on my system or
> on Sonic.net's.
>
> -Mark?
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford