2003 Jan 10 20:27

Re: [vox] first bad experience with e-commerce - need advice

Re: [vox] first bad experience with e-commerce - need advice

heh.  i SERIOUSLY doubt that.  it simply makes no sense.  the reasoning
is similar to:

    "programs like 'ls' run faster when you run them as root".

which i actually read in an article on ORA's site(!).   just like what
UID runs "ls", i'm fairly certain right of way rules have nothing to do
with whether the vehicle is on federal or city (or state) business.

even federal employees can lose their privilege to drive in a given
state.

besides, in the DMV driving manual, i never read anything like "you must
yield to a car on federal business".     ;-)

i don't know how true this is, but someone (who knows shit like this)
once told me that years ago, USPS was outsourced to a private company.
they're no longer "federal employees".  they're called "federal agents"
since they're working on behalf of the government.  don't know if that's
true, but the guy who told me that knows stuff like this.

pete

begin Mark K. Kim <markslist@cbreak.org>