2003 Jan 10 19:20

Re: [vox] first bad experience with e-commerce - need advice

Re: [vox] first bad experience with e-commerce - need advice

Peter,

When was the package shipped?  They should be able to tell you that, at
least.  When you get the package, you can check the shipping date to see
if they were telling you the truth.  If they weren't, you can report them
for bad business practice, with evidence to prove it.  If they *were*
telling you the truth, then you're getting angry over nothing (but you
could tell them to use a better shipping company.)

I always check www.resellerratings.com before buying anything online.
I had (and know people who had) had a lot of problems with textbook
websites, though they're getting their act together better.

Anyway, good luck!

-Mark

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> hola,
>
> i ordered an out-of-print book from amazon.com.  it was actually sold by
> a private seller, amazon@totalcampus.com.  amazon advertises books being
> sold by other companies and individuals in addition to selling its own
> merchandise.
>
> the book was ordered 11dec02, should've arrived 1jan03, and so far,
> hasn't arrived.
>
> amazon just asked me to rate the seller (i previously didn't know they
> kept track of customer ratings of individual sellers), and i saw this:
>
> http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/tg/customer-feedback/-/A12BYY8G6HHPNY/0/058-0205820-9233407
>
> not good.
>

> i've sent at least 3 emails to various addresses at totalcampus.com.
> only one of them were answered (by a form letter) telling me that the
> order was already shipped.  the carrier they use apparently doesn't let
> you track your order.  how convenient.
>
> i'm now contemplating action.  i don't care about the 13 bucks; the
> money means nothing to me.  i'm the farthest thing from being miserly.
> however, judging from all that feedback, these people are clearly pretty
> dishonest, and someone needs to do something about it.
>
> i'm pretty sure amazon.com won't care about my complaints, but i'll try
> anyway.  i was thinking of contacting a DA in colorado (where the
> totalcampus.com lives, i think), but i'd like to hear what other people
> think.
>
> any ideas?
>
> peter
>
> --
> First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you,
> then you win. -- Gandhi, being prophetic about Linux.

Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/
PGP key available upon request.