2003 Jan 10 19:20

Re: [vox] first bad experience with e-commerce - need advice

Re: [vox] first bad experience with e-commerce - need advice

> i ordered an out-of-print book from amazon.com.  it was actually sold by
> a private seller, amazon@totalcampus.com.  amazon advertises books being
> sold by other companies and individuals in addition to selling its own
> merchandise.

Since presumably you put your $13 on a credit card, you can get the most
leverage by just informing your credit company (in writing) that you're
refusing that charge because the goods never arrived.  Collecting the
money back from Total Campus then becomes the credit card company's
problem.

But don't cry for them:  That's why they charge you (and retailers) such
exhorbitant fees for credit services.

> i've sent at least 3 emails to various addresses at totalcampus.com.
> only one of them were answered (by a form letter) telling me that the
> order was already shipped.

E-mails (and telephone calls) are really appealing to use, because
they're so much less hassle than mailing USPS letter, but aren't nearly
as effective at protecting your rights as a customer.

But that's a mild digression from the main point, which is that your
credit card company is probably the best place to assert your interests.
(But you have to do it in writing, or it won't work.)

--
Cheers,                                      "My file system's got no nodes!"
Rick Moen                                    "How does it shell?"