2003 Jan 10 12:29

[vox] first bad experience with e-commerce - need advice

[vox] first bad experience with e-commerce - need advice

hola,

i ordered an out-of-print book from amazon.com.  it was actually sold by
a private seller, amazon@totalcampus.com.  amazon advertises books being
sold by other companies and individuals in addition to selling its own
merchandise.

the book was ordered 11dec02, should've arrived 1jan03, and so far,
hasn't arrived.

amazon just asked me to rate the seller (i previously didn't know they
kept track of customer ratings of individual sellers), and i saw this:

http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/tg/customer-feedback/-/A12BYY8G6HHPNY/0/058-0205820-9233407

not good.

i've sent at least 3 emails to various addresses at totalcampus.com.
only one of them were answered (by a form letter) telling me that the
order was already shipped.  the carrier they use apparently doesn't let
you track your order.  how convenient.

i'm now contemplating action.  i don't care about the 13 bucks; the
money means nothing to me.  i'm the farthest thing from being miserly.
however, judging from all that feedback, these people are clearly pretty
dishonest, and someone needs to do something about it.

i'm pretty sure amazon.com won't care about my complaints, but i'll try
anyway.  i was thinking of contacting a DA in colorado (where the
totalcampus.com lives, i think), but i'd like to hear what other people
think.

any ideas?

peter