2003 Jan 10 12:48

[vox] [fwd] DeCSS author Johansen acquitted, online poll needs to be swamped

----- Forwarded message from Ian Kluft <ikluft@thunder.sbay.org> -----

Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 00:19:28 -0800 (PST)
From: ikluft@thunder.sbay.org (Ian Kluft)
Subject: [svlug] DeCSS author Johansen acquitted, online poll needs to be
	swamped
To: svlug@lists.svlug.org (Silicon Valley Linux User Group)

CNN has an online poll regarding today's acquittal of Jon Johansen (author
of DeCSS).  The poll asks whether DeCSS was an act of theft or intellectual
freedom.  With 23,000+ votes cast, it's running 85% in favor of freedom.

We all know that's not good enough!  Spread the word and swamp that poll...
   http://europe.cnn.com/2003/TECH/01/07/dvd.johansen/

More info on Johansen's acquittal is at
   http://www.eff.org/IP/Video/DeCSS_prosecutions/Johansen_DeCSS_case/20030107_eff_pr.html

Along with Elcomsoft's acquittal last month, these are both big blows
against the DMCA.  Another battle won.  So now is the time to celebrate
victory.  We need the morale boost.  Because after that, we'll press on
with the fourth year of the war against the DMCA.