2003 Jan 07 11:25

[vox] HTML Email Questions

Here are some questions about sending email in HTML format.

I have heard that there are security problems with email in HTML format.  I
read that a sender of HTML email can implant a program on the receiver's
computer that will allow the sender to read all of the email that the
receiver sends out to others.  Is this true?

Is this the main security concern with HTML email?

Now the way to tell if an email is in HTML format is if it has fancy fonts and
colors and italics, etc., is this correct?

Thank  you.

Bob