2003 Jan 03 16:34

Re: [vox] Indirect Slashdotting of LUGOD.org

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 11:49:09AM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> Yikes! :^)
<snip>

Ouch.  And it's eating up bandwidth, it appears!  I'm (slowly, since the
response time to the shell is dog-slow) tweaking the 'Microsoft' page
to show much fewer items at a time.

I was thinking of turning the page static, but it seems the Slashdotting
isn't really affecting CPU usage.  Just network.

   11:59am  up 10 days, 17:59,  3 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.05, 0.03