January 6: Social gathering
2003 Jan 03 12:23

[vox] Indirect Slashdotting of LUGOD.org

[vox] Indirect Slashdotting of LUGOD.org

Yikes! :^)

Microsoft's Reaction to OSS Adoption
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/01/03/195206&mode=nocomment&tid=109

  Eric S. Raymond has the eighth "Halloween" memo available here.
  [ http://www.opensource.org/halloween/halloween8.php ]
  It looks like Microsoft is really beginning to notice the national
  and corporate movement towards FS/OSS, and is reacting accordingly.

The "Halloween 8" page at opensource.org links to LUGOD's
"Reasons to Avoid Microsoft" page. :^)  Nice!

  Out here in open-source land, we genuinely enjoy helping our fellow
  sophonts out of plights like this one. Might we suggest that daily
  monitoring of the Linux User Group of Davis's Reasons to Avoid Microsoft
  page [ http://www.lugod.org/microsoft ] would be helpful?

Rod - How's your server taking it? :^)

-bill!
(Thanks to Ken Herron for pointing this out)