2003 Jan 02 14:32

[vox] Public accessible Debian Machine (fwd)

I'm assuming most of you probably subscribe to the Debian News Channel,
but I thought I'd pass this along anyway. It seems like a great
opportunity for any developers and/or package maintainers to test out new
hardware.

--
R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net
http://www.dooglio.net

GPG Public key : http://www.dooglio.net/dooglio.gpg

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 17:40:26 +0100
From: Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org>
To: Debian News Channel <debian-news@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Public accessible Debian Machine

The Debian Project                                http://www.debian.org/
Public accessible Debian Machines                       press@debian.org
January 2nd, 2003               http://www.debian.org/News/2003/20030102

Public accessible Debian Machines

Hewlett-Packard (HP) offers public access to several machines running
Debian GNU/Linux through their Test Drive program.  Software authors
and prospective users are offered an account on those machines in
order to find out more about Debian GNU/Linux and a particular HP
hardware.  Four architectures are supported (Alpha, PA-RISC, IA-32 and
IA-64).  Compilers are installed to that software authors can test
whether their software compiles on those platforms.

Hewlett-Packard offers access to the following four architectures:

    Intel (IA-32)   ProLiant DL360 G2 1.4GHz  SMP
    Intel (IA-64)   rx2600 Itanium II         SMP
    Alpha (alpha)   XP1000a 1@667MHz           UP
    Alpha (alpha)   DS20 2@500MHz              UP
    PA-RISC (hppa)  rp5470 1@550MHz            UP

The Test Drive Program is a free service of HP.  Its main purpose is
to provide developers with access to new HP hardware running various
HP and third party operating systems and applications.  When you
register, you get a free shell account you can use to log into the
wide variety of systems on our Test Drive network and try out the
software and operating systems running on them.

Test Drive gives you the opportunity to try out combinations of
hardware, operating systems, and software before you buy them.  For
developers, it also gives you the opportunity to ensure your software
runs on hardware, software, and operating system combinations which
you may not have available to you locally.

More information: http://testdrive.hp.com/