Re: [vox] Left Wing Lawyers for Linux

bob,

palladium is prolly going to much more than that.  nobody knows the
details for sure, but the gist of it is that it's a software/hardware
combination set of controls that will implement both system security and
"content maintenance" on future computers.   afaik, it's a collaboration
between a number of companies including MS and intel.

"content maintenance" meaning copies of multimedia which violate
copyright laws.

i haven't heard about the filtering of linux web sites, but i wouldn't
put it past MS.  honestly, i wouldn't be too upset about it though.  the
time at which MS could do that sort of thing is too far gone in the
past.  if you filter out apache servers on free open source platforms,
you've just filtered out most of the world including just about every
web search site in existence like google and yahoo.

pete

begin Robert G. Scofield <rscofield@afes.com>