Re: [vox] Research Firm: Microsoft Will Use Linux by 2004

Re: [vox] Research Firm: Microsoft Will Use Linux by 2004

> On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Matthew wrote:
>
>> Maybe it won't be shared source, but shared Viruses, I'd wager that is
>> the "love" they would like to spread to Linux.
>>
>> You know it would be true, if they release Exchange and Outlook on
>> Linux.
>
> Guys, the bigger problem is not the apps, but the bad habits of the
> administrators who manage them.  Once you get enough addle-brained NT
> admins who fumble like Helen Keller playing Jai-Alai in the Linux pot
> (and do not do the front end due-diligence to get situated properly),
> you will see a lot of compromised machines and generally fucked up
> scenarios.  It isn't just the OS folks (but Linux does assume a certain
> level of clue at the onset, which helps).

I know, that is indeed true...And we are going to see paper Linux people,
just as we see and revile paper MCSE's as Linux cert's are certainly
becoming more common.

Maybe membership of a Linux user group should be favored more than it
currently seems to be.

Matt