Re: [vox] Research Firm: Microsoft Will Use Linux by 2004

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Matthew wrote:

> Maybe it won't be shared source, but shared Viruses, I'd wager that is the
> "love" they would like to spread to Linux.
>
> You know it would be true, if they release Exchange and Outlook on Linux.

Guys, the bigger problem is not the apps, but the bad habits of the
administrators who manage them.  Once you get enough addle-brained NT
admins who fumble like Helen Keller playing Jai-Alai in the Linux pot
(and do not do the front end due-diligence to get situated properly), you
will see a lot of compromised machines and generally fucked up
scenarios.  It isn't just the OS folks (but Linux does assume a certain
level of clue at the onset, which helps).