[vox] Research Firm: Microsoft Will Use Linux by 2004

[vox] Research Firm: Microsoft Will Use Linux by 2004

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&ncid=&e=5&u=/nf/20021210/tc_nf/20210

summary:

In a prediction almost too unbelievable to imagine, Meta Group on Monday
estimated that software giant Microsoft will bend to customer demands
and offer Linux for Web services and server software by the end of 2004.

pete

ps- if you want to see something really pathetic, turn off cookies if
they aren't off already and go to http://www.metagroup.com.  heh.  i
guess the economic slowdown hasn't touched these people yet.  imagine
that, flat out REFUSING to provide any content at all unless cookies are
enabled.   i can see a warning...  but to simply deny all access to
their website?   sheesh!