Re: [vox] Scientific simulations?

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 16:13, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> matt,
>
> this might be a good place to start:
>
> http://sal.kachinatech.com/
>
> you'll have some decision making to do.  :-)
>
> pete

Errr....

"SAL (Scientific Applications on Linux) is a collection of information
and links to software that will be of interest to scientists and
engineers. The broad coverage of Linux applications will also benefit
the whole Linux/Unix community. There are currently 3,070 entries in
SAL."

Let me make an indivdual forum entry for each entry on SAL :).  You're
right about the decision making, but that is an amazing resource...I was
actually looking for more 3D rendering applications, as quite a few
simulation "geeks" like to make their own vehicles. Pretty Poly is one I
remember seeing mentioned on the FlightGear website, and now I see a
whole lot more.

Thanks!

Matt

> begin Matthew Johnson <matthew@psychohorse.com>
> > Anyone got good links and information on "scientific simulations", such
> > as Physics, chemistry, biological and whatever the other ones that think
> > they are scientific.
> >
> > Looks like your poll won Peter :). Was an horse race for a bit, then the
> > yes's pulled right ahead. I still kind of like animations, but tried to
> > keep it laid back...But thats also up for votes.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > --
> > Matthew Johnson <matthew@psychohorse.com>

Matthew Johnson

Public Key

9560 AE15 A443 7FE5 E927  84D2 CD17 CF25 405C B240