2002 Nov 27 14:56

Re: [vox] Mean to Linux... Mean to OpenSource... :-/

Re: [vox] Mean to Linux... Mean to OpenSource... :-/

To be fair, I suspect the 500 bugs in Windows included
things we wouldn't normally categorize as O/S... i.e.
(no pun intended :-)) Internet explorer, outlook express,
media player, etc.

When comparing "bugs" they should probably use comparable
systems:  typical desktops, typical web server, etc.

Maybe by distribution:  95, 98, 98 OSR1 98 OSR2, NT 3.5 SPx,
NT 4.0 SPx, 2000 SPx, ME, CE, 2000 SP2, 2000 SP3, XP Home,
XP Pro, etc :-).  There are alot of Windows variants...
Too bad they are so fragmented :-).

I had my Linux system broken into a couple of months ago
because of an exploit in Squirrel Mail...  Even though
this package comes with some distributions, I don't think
that it is fair to include this in the "Linux bug" list
if they are...

The article was a little unclear about what was considered
an OS bug.  I looked on the mi2g website, but couldn't find
anything on their methodology.