2002 Nov 21 12:01

Re: [vox] tribsoft is dead

begin Matthew Johnson <matthew@psychohorse.com>
> On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 03:04, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > tribsoft, the people who ported jagged alliance II, are no more.
> >
> > the owner said he was "taking a short break" from porting games to
> > linux.  i just went to www.tribsoft.com.
> >
> > guess the break became permanent.  oh well.   :(
> >
> > pete
>
> Noticed that too :(. Tribsoft were originally going to be the ones
> porting Majesty, but then gave the rights and source over to LGP.
>
> Seem to remember reading his disappointment at only selling 200 copies
> of JA 2 in the first few weeks, he needed to sell 500 to break even. I
> know there are more than 500 Linux gamers out there...

it was poorly marketed.  a mere side note on linuxgames.com.  but i was
one of those 200 people!   :-)

heck, i really liked JA 2, and normally i *hate* strats.  they take too
darn long to finish.  my time is too valuable.  but that game was pretty
cool.

although i became frustrated with how long it was taking to finish, so
towards the end of the game i started to use cheat codes to heal my
mercenaries after bad firefights.  ;)

pete