2002 Nov 20 16:52

[vox] [Sharon_Machlis@computerworld.com: Linux Op-Ed Possibilities]

heh.  it's gotten so bad that i'm actually surprised to see linux
related mailings that are line wrapped (although 80chars/line on the
nose is a little much...).

pete

--- Forwarded message from Sharon Machlis <Sharon_Machlis@computerworld.com>

From: "Sharon Machlis" <Sharon_Machlis@computerworld.com>
To: pr@lugod.org, root@lugod.org
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 17:51:29 -0500
Subject: Linux Op-Ed Possibilities

Computerworld is trying to beef up its Operating Systems Knowledge Center --
including, of course, our coverage of Linux.

We welcome opinion pieces from our readers, as long as the subject matter has to
do with operating systems and would be of interest to an audience of information
technology professionals. You can see our first reader contribution, Will open
source become Microsoft's next victim?, at

http://computerworld.com/softwaretopics/os/story/0,10801,75835,00.html

Unfortunately, we are unable to pay an honorarium for these pieces at the
present time. However, if any of your knowledgeable members are looking for a
forum to express their opinions, our Web site has more than 700,000 unique
visitors per month.

If anyone's interested, they should feel free to contact me by phone or e-mail.
Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,

--
Sharon Machlis