2002 Nov 20 11:04

[vox] [Fwd: Linksys router vulnerability]

[vox] [Fwd: Linksys router vulnerability]

People ask why I dont use my Wireless access point as my primary
firewall/filter for network access, and instead dedicate an interface on
the linux box (router) for wireless access only (public use) to the
wireless access point...

Here is a good reason:
(These kinds of things come out for many different vendor products and
from my experience, I see far fewer issues with the filtering system built
into Linux.)

Just an FYI for you Linux users who have open wireless access through one
of these devices.

(I use this, so I figured someone else might also use it with Linux too.)

-ME