2002 Nov 16 13:00

[vox] Re: wanted: ADB (old-style mac) keyboard and mouse

[vox] Re: wanted: ADB (old-style mac) keyboard and mouse

On Thursday, Nov 07 2002, Henry House spake thus:
> LUGOD has acquired a Mac clone for demos to assuage the curiosity of the many
> visitors to our Linux demos that ask about Linux on Mac hardware. The trouble
> is, the machine does not have a PS/2 or AT keyboard interface. It requires
> hardware conforming to Apple's own proprietary standard, ADB or Apple Desktop
> Bus. Has anyone such hardware (that you could donate to LUGOD)?
>
> ADB equipment has a round connector that resembles PS/2 keyboard connectors, except
> that (1) there are only four pins, plus a slab of plastic for alignment, (2)
> the keyboard has a second female connector to attach the mouse, and (2) the
> iconic symbol resembles this ASCII-art:
>
>    *---|
> 	    |-*
>     *--|

Hmm, used to be that sold them at Fry's on the Mac aisle, but that was a
while ago.

| sam -- Programmer I                                                |
| University of California, Davis : Hart Interdisciplinary Programs  |
| GPG Fingerprint: 4F08 E33E 92A2 EA88 CE75  75DC D84C 6046 0240 515F|