2002 Nov 14 22:27

Re: [vox] IE JavaScript security hole

On Thu, 14 Nov 2002, Ryan Castellucci wrote:

> On Thursday 14 November 2002 05:38 pm, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 05:36:39PM -0800, Ryan Castellucci wrote:
> > > Didn't work on VMware + Win2k + IE 5 or my buddies box with IE 6......
> >
> > I assume JavaScript was enabled and a floppy disk was in the A: drive?
>
> Yeah, and A: was bridged to my real floppy drive in VMware

Sort of worked for me on my work Win2k system. Win2k version of FORMAT
doesn't support the "/autotest" option, which allows silent format.
However, it makes it to the point of getting an error back from the
FORMAT, so the method is sound.

I normally run it with scripts and activex allowed only by prompt... and
deny unless the website fails to function and appears legit.  Not perfect,
and a PITA saying no all the time, but enough to prevent this junk from
getting through unless a big site gets hacked.

Win2k 5.00.2195
IE 5.50.4807.2300;SP2;Q316059;Q319182;Q321232;Q323759;Q328389

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing